Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danderson2692
Resolver I
Resolver I

Cards With RLS Blank in Dashboard

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue where values reported in a dashboard do not match the values in its source report for other users' accounts. In this case, I have RLS to restrict the dataset and have published it in an app. 

This first image is from the page in the report. For this user, you can see that dates and values are recorded.

ReportValues.PNG

When I look at a dashboard where I've pinned those same card visuals from the report, you can see that the values all appear blank. The Current Account card is a measure that returns userprincipalname(), and that does appear correctly.

DashboardValues1.PNG

I do not see this issue with my account, although from searching this forum I've seen that it's possible for the owner/admin to see different data than other users. I've configured RLS security settings applied with a distro list which includes myself and the user I'm testing with so there shouldn't be a difference in how they're applied.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've deleted my report and the dataset, then published it again which appears to have fixed the issues. Looks like that's the easiest way to fix this problem rather than trying to fix the published version.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
danderson2692
Resolver I
Resolver I

Just found this as a potential solution (setting workspace to view-only for members). I'll test this out in the morning to see if it fixes the issue. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50021342/row-level-security-not-working-in-power-bi-with-groups

Looks like that didn't fix the issue. Any other ideas?

I've deleted my report and the dataset, then published it again which appears to have fixed the issues. Looks like that's the easiest way to fix this problem rather than trying to fix the published version.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors