Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jasonbub_work
Frequent Visitor

Card on PowerBI Online NOT Respecting Defined Decimal Place

Hi,

I have a Report that has been working for sometime.  Today when I went in, the Cards that I have setup to to show Max, Average and Min of a Measure started showing many Decimal places.  The Card's Format Settings > Data Label are set to Display: Auto.  I tried to manually set them to 2 decimal places, but this DID NOTHING.  I also tried to specify Millions and Billions and this still didn't get the to respect the defined Decimal places.

Here is a picture.

decimal.png

Any ideas?

Jason

7 REPLIES 7
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Make sure you submit this as a bug report, as well. You can do so in PBI Desktop by using the 'Send a frown' option in the File menu, and using the feedback menu in PBI Service.

The forums are a great avenue for discussing issues, sharing thoughts / ideas, and troubleshooting, but they are not the official medium to submit bug reports.

Proper bug reports will receive more attention from the devs than forum posts.

Beyond that, have you set the measure's formatting?

Hi Greg,

Aside from setting the Formatting > Data Label > Decimal places, how else can I control the Measure's formatting?

The data source is set an Excel document that is stored in a SharePoint Group and updated using PowerQuery.

Jason

The visualization pane in your screenshot controls formatting in a specific visualization. It does not alter the defined formatting for the measure.

Measure selected in fields pane on right. Measure attributes under Modeling ribbon menu.Measure selected in fields pane on right. Measure attributes under Modeling ribbon menu.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post and include a screenshot.  It is very much appreciated.

I am currently using the PowerBI Online (app.powerbi.com) to connect to my data source that is stored in a SharePoint Group folder (associated with my Office 365 Group that the PowerBI is published to) as I haven't been able to get a PowerBI Published report to successfully update anything else after publishing.  So, long story short, I only have the options available to me using the online tool and editing the model/measures isn't something that I can find a way to do online.

My current process is as follows:

1. Create an Excel document with my data
  2. Using PowerQuery, fetch and transform the data as necessary.
  3. Save this document to the SharePoint site folder associated with the Office 365 Group that I am sharing the PowerBI dashboard with.
  4. Go to PowerBI online
  5. Click Get Data > Files > OneDrive - Group - "Name of Group" > click the saved File in the OneDrive for Business > click Connect
  6. Click Import under the Import Excel data into Power BI
    powerbi-import.png

This process creates a connected data source that is successfully able to get updates when I make them to the Excel document.  I haven't been able to accomplish refreshing an Excel data source any way using Power BI Desktop (interested if you have suggestions).

Jason

That's a whole lot of other problems. My first suggestion is to send feedback using the feedback menu options from PBI Desktop and PBI Service when those processes fail. You should be doing your model development in Excel Power Pivot or Power BI Desktop data model. If you get failures or errors when using those tools to upload a dataset and/or report to PBI Service, those are the problems to address.

Thanks Greg.  I wish I lived in Philly, as I'd stop by your user conference.  Got an affliates in Los Angeles?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors