Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RemyBosman
Helper II
Helper II

Card notation billions

Hi All,

We'd like to change the notation of billions to the dutch formatting like Mjd. Is this possible via a language/regional setting?

I've changed the dataset regional settings, browser language and Power BI Display language. All seem to make no difference. 

The field is a regular number field, not a currency. A format suloloin where we would have to change a measure is not preferred.

2021-07-09 08_27_00-Postvak IN -.png

Microsoft shows something similar here 
https://docs.microsoft.com/nl-nl/power-bi/create-reports/sample-opportunity-analysis 

RemyBosman_0-1625812349365.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,  @RemyBosman 

My side is working normally, it is recommended to refresh the page after changing the language setting on the powerbi service.

21.png

22.png

23.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi Eason,

Can you check if this also works on a non-currency field? I'm not working with a currecy field but a number field.

Thanks,
Remy

Hi,  @RemyBosman 

Also works.
Desktop:

24.png
Service:

25.png

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks. It seems to be a bug in the Dutch notations. German language settings works fine for me too. I've raised a ticket with MS. 

Hi, @RemyBosman 

Did you get any reply from the MS engineer?

Has the problem been resolved?

Best Regards,

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @RemyBosman ,

I would have thought that changing the regional settings alone would have done it.  That said, I suggest that you download the report that you are referring to and see if there is a clue in there - maybe a format option or a theme?  let us know if that is helpful.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors