Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

psheridan
Helper I
Helper I

Card Visual Missing Category Label

Just recently rebuilt a dashboard and for some reason all the Card visuals are no longer showing the category. Has anyone else ran into this issue? See the pic below - the top card visual is from the dashboard, the bottom is from the report (and has the category name).

I have tried turning the option on and off. re-pinning the visual, new dashboard, etc., nothing seems to get the category label to pop back in. Hoping someone has a solution for me.

Thanks,

Patrick

cardvisual.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @psheridan,

Based on test, if you not setting the card title, the column name will auto setting as card title.

9.PNG

If you have set the custom title, it will show the custom title.

8.PNG

BTW, tiles seems not support display column name and title at same time.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Artefact
Helper II
Helper II

Use the "advance card" custom visual instead of the default PBI card. Then everything works fine, altough you may have to format again using the options of this card type. But all the formating is transferred correctly when you pin the card on a dashboard.

Pinning the default card is a total mess.....

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @psheridan,

Based on test, if you not setting the card title, the column name will auto setting as card title.

9.PNG

If you have set the custom title, it will show the custom title.

8.PNG

BTW, tiles seems not support display column name and title at same time.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks - I wonder why it doesnt support the column and title anymore? Previously the column name was showing under the value. Something must have changed with an update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors