Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Card Visual Conditional Formatting not displayed in Dashboard

Hi everyone

I hope someone can help with the following:

I have a Power BI Card visual that displays a single value with conditional formatting so that if the value is within limits its displayed in green and red if its not. Works perfectly in a Power BI report. However if I PIN it to a dashboard the value is displayed in black i.e. the conditional formatting seems not to be working.

Is this a known issue? or am I doing something wrong? I get the same issue whether I use the report or dashboard themes

thanks

Paul

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is by design in power bi service, not a known issue.

Please note:

Some formatting options are not applied to visuals when they're pinned to a dashboard. Border, shadow, and background settings will be ignored in the pinned tile. For card visuals, the text used for the value is always shown in dashboards using the 'DIN' font family.

So the conditional format will not be applied in the dashboard when you pin a card visual, you can use pin a live page of of the report to keep the conditional format. Refer: Pin an entire report page 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JFAR49ER
Frequent Visitor

A workaround for this issue is to use the table visual, go to edit the visual, go to Cell elements and you can set conditional formatting for the background colour of the cell. 
This will allow the conditional formatting to be pinned to the dashboard. It may not be as nice looking as card visual but for functionality it works. 
JFAR49ER_0-1673344346381.png

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is by design in power bi service, not a known issue.

Please note:

Some formatting options are not applied to visuals when they're pinned to a dashboard. Border, shadow, and background settings will be ignored in the pinned tile. For card visuals, the text used for the value is always shown in dashboards using the 'DIN' font family.

So the conditional format will not be applied in the dashboard when you pin a card visual, you can use pin a live page of of the report to keep the conditional format. Refer: Pin an entire report page 

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

KBO
MVP

Hi @Anonymous ,

may be this can help: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Conditional-Formatting-on-Advance-Card-doesnt-work-when-pinning/td-p/918694

Best,

Kathrin

If this post has helped you, please give it a thumbs up!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors