Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Capacity Usage per Workspace

Hi All,

I have a question regarding premium capacity, so our team's workspace is in premium, say our 2nd team would also wants to join the premium under our capacity , how do we measure like who's consuming the most of the capacity? 

Because in capacity metrics, CPU Utilization and Memory Usage metrics was only displayed per capacity and not per workspace. 

Like how do we say that this workspace is consuming much compared to the other. 

I am thinking if a new workspace is again added and we need to know the amount of usage of each, is there a way?

Thank you so much,

Riri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can take a look at official document about premium capacity usage management:

Managing Premium capacities

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can take a look at official document about premium capacity usage management:

Managing Premium capacities

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

Thank you, the link did helps. From what i have read, i conclude, correct me if i'm wrong, that node-sharing is possible. We just have to have a baseline on each of the workspace to effectively manage them.

Baselining won't be easy because you have to do it everytime a new workspace is added. We are thinking of how much effort we should put into creating a baseline often. Am I making sense?......

We want to implement a node-sharing within teams in our project and the main concern is how to manage and troubleshoot when something is going on in the capacity out of ordinary, say when a capacity is overheating.

I'd like to have your insights on this node-sharing thing. 

Thanks,

Riri

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors