Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RBunting
Advocate II
Advocate II

Capacity Metrics Report not showing refresh data

I've been using the "Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics App" available from Appsource.   Data on refreshes has vanished from the reports.   Does anyone know what's going on and how to correct it?

RBunting_0-1644599875263.png

7 REPLIES 7
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RBunting 

First , you have to make sure the version of Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics app is up to date . You can see the last refresh performed shown in the Refreshed column .If the version is not the latest , you can also search for Premium Capacity Metrics App in the APP again and install the latest .

Second , you have to make sure the report or dataset you monitor are the latest , if the datasets or reports are not updated to the latest data, then the monitoring in the app will not be the latest.

At present, Power BI Premium Generation 2 has been widely used, it is recommended that you update to Gen 2 and use the corresponding App to monitor the metrics .

Best Regard

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your input.

I have tried updating/reinstalling the app and gotten the same result.   And I'm well aware that Gen 2 forced transition is almost upon us and advice for reporting on the prior premium capacity is going to be scarce.  Thanks anyway.

RBunting
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thanks for your input on this question.  Our capacity hasn't been moved to Gen2 yet -- if I understand the documentation correctly, that app will not be of any use.

@RBunting - As updated eairlier Microsoft has started migrating capacities to Gen2 automatically, it is quite possible your capacity is also migrated to Gen2 now.

arvindsingh802_0-1645020956124.png

I would suggest to install the Premium Gen2 App and check if data for your capacity is there
If yes that confirms your capacity is migrated to Gen2.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

arvidsingh802,

Thank you for your attention to my question.  I am certain we are not yet migrated to Gen2 capacity.  This is checked and confirmed by capacity admins.  While working towards Gen2 is good advice, it is not helpful towards resolving the problem that I have right now, which is getting the existing report working in it's current environment.  Thanks again.

That could be possible issue as Gen2 is general available and Microsoft would have stopped pushing data to the APP
I would recommand to migrate tp Gen2 and start using the new APP

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Use new Premium Gen 2 Capacity Utilization Metrics  to monitor your Power BI capacity

arvindsingh802_0-1644607912943.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors