Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Baconbomb
Helper I
Helper I

Cant share reports on premium capacity

We have a P1 premium capacity and are sharing reports externaly.

We used to have all the reports in the same workspace and then shared the report directly with the users and that worked great until a couple of weeks ago. (dont know exactly as i was away on holiday)

Now when someone is trying to access the report they get the message that this report demands a PRO licens.

Talked to MS and they say that you HAVE to share the report through the app

Followed this guide https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-share-dashboards

Created a new app workspace and put that in the premium capacity,

Put the report in the workspace and then press publish app and share the app with the users and they still get the same error when they try and access the report.

Either there is something wrong with the capacity or im missing something.

Anybody having simulare issues?

Any sharing apps for dummies guide people can share with me?

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Baconbomb,

Please check if the free user who you have shared your app with can receive an email. By clicking this email they can access the content of your app.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

And its the same issue if i click on the link in the email or i use the link that is provided when sharing the app.

What is the difference from klicking the link that is provided in the app?

Hi Baconbomb,

External free user can only be available to visit app content though the link in the email because azure need to check if free user account has been added to your group as an external account.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks for explaining that to me but even if i use the link in the email i still get the same error that i need to get e PRO-licens

Hi Baconbomb,

It's weird, you can create a support ticket here to achieve deeper support.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I have a ticket about this was more wondering if more people have the same issue or its just our tennant that is at fault

Baconbomb
Helper I
Helper I

Been looking around and accoring to this link you can share a report directly with external and internal users with out the app function and they don't need a power bi PRO licens if your report is on a premium capacity.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-how-to-collaborate-distribute-dashboards-reportsCapture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors