Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant refresh your data, Error 400, Invalid Credentials sharepoint

I am using personal data gateway. Not able to refresh data, showing invaild credetials and error 400. when i publish report online with python program and sharepoint data. it removes OAuth connection and not connecting with annonymous.  Please suggest some solution.

Refresh.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still I am having the same issue. I discussed with the microsoft partners and as per them this is the custom connector issue and I have ot create custom connector. Our sharepoint, powerBI  datasource Sign in is microsoft - OAuth2. Whenever I am trying to connect with windows login or anonymous login in the datasource settings. I am not able to sign in that is another reason of this issue. I think to connect with the gateway I have to switch to the window login, which I can't because of the some  authentication setting of the company . Do you if I can try something else please let me know. Thanks

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

There are several points you may considerate:

1.The Personal Gateway could be installed on the machine where the file is located, and where Python is installed. (Install the same bit version of the personal gateway and your computer operating system, for example both are 64-bit version. )

2.Please check if the Personal Gateway is online.

3.When connecting to on-premises SharePoint instead of SharePoint online for data refresh, Power BI supports only Anonymous, Basic, and Windows (NTLM/Kerberos) authentication mechanisms. 

4.Please try to upgrade the personal gateway to latest version.

5.If you get a credentials message, it could mean:

• The usernames and passwords that you used to sign in to data sources aren't up to date. In Power BI, go to refresh settings for the dataset. In Manage Data Sources, select Edit credentials to update the credentials for the data source.
  • Mashups between a cloud source and an on-premises source, in a single query, fail to refresh in the gateway (personal mode) if one of the sources is using OAuth for authentication. An example of this issue is a mashup between CRM Online and a local SQL Server instance. The mashup fails because CRM Online requires OAuth.
    This error is a known issue, and it's being looked at. To work around the problem, have a separate query for the cloud source and the on-premises source. Then, use a merge or append query to combine them.

27.png

You may resolve the issue via the troubleshooting links: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-gateway.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors