Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

psikonetik
Helper I
Helper I

Cant get working the gateway

Hi,

I installed the data gateway and configured it. Everything went ok.

Now in powerbi the problem is that it appears as offline but the gateway connection window shows it as connected.

What can I do?

On the other side seems data gateway causes lot of trouble in corporations. Is there any other way to refresh the data scheduled when getting it from a file?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@psikonetik The data source is the text file. After reading the error message again, it looks like you are choosing a "Folder", and what you want is a "File" under the data source you are creating in the OPD gateway

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
psikonetik
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

As for now, I got the personal gateway working so I am not going to change to on premises right now. I will in the future but personal works well to start testing the dashboards.

THank you so much

@psikonetik Can you post some screenshots of where it shows online/offline? Depending on the area, it could be that you haven't set up datasources correctly and on the dataset it shows offline? Or does it show online in the installer, but when you manage gateways it shows offline?

You can always use the Personal Gateway to update information from files, but for larger implementations (depending on sources) the OPD gateway is better suited to handle larger loads and be managed on a server. It doesn't cause trouble, there is just more configuration to handle.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I've been trying with personal gateway, we are progressing! Now personal gateway is online as it can be seen

Capture1.PNG

It seems now I am able to schedule the refresh. However when I go to manage gateways and try to add a data source I get this when I try to log in

Capture2.PNG

What could cause this?

Thanks

Hi @psikonetik,

Since your datasource is a folder, you can try to use on premise gateway, it support to refresh folder.

Reference link:

On-premises data gateway

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@psikonetik Is the data gateway installed on a server that is part of your domain? Is the data source that you are trying to add supported?

Hi,

data gateway is installed on a pc that is part of the domain. What do you mean by data source? It is a text file.

cheers

@psikonetik The data source is the text file. After reading the error message again, it looks like you are choosing a "Folder", and what you want is a "File" under the data source you are creating in the OPD gateway

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors