Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kleinec_IK
Regular Visitor

Cant find contact to sales for cross-domain corporate trial / Support Bug for Pro User

Hi there community,

thanks for solving so many of my power bi difficulties in the past.

I have a rather disturbing issue at the moment:

As a management consulting I am trialing Power Bi usage for a corporate client of mine. I am A Power Bi Pro User and set up a couple of reports and dashboard already. Now I want to contact a sales rep or anything via mail or something to have a couple questions answered,

- How can I share my reports with the client's VP?

- How can I pay for his account (standard pro licence)?

- I need to be reassured that sharing reports across domains (mine and my clients) is possible.

- How to get a couple more view-only-test accounts for stakeholders / department heads?

These are the questions, BUT: Even though I am basically doing sales for microsoft in the prospect of a company-wide roll-out, I can't contact them. Even though I am a Pro User (Account) the site doesn't recognize my login when clicking the contact-buttons. It basically sets me on a "looking-for-help"-loop where I end up being recommended a free trial or the FAQ.

Maybe one of you guys could help. And sorry for the fact that I couldn't hide my opionion that the microsoft team behind power bi doesn't have the slightest idea on how to do sales and how companies reason and decide on software products.

2 REPLIES 2

@kleinec_IK

As a management consulting I am trialing Power Bi usage for a corporate client of mine. I am A Power Bi Pro User and set up a couple of reports and dashboard already. Now I want to contact a sales rep or anything via mail or something to have a couple questions answered,

- How can I share my reports with the client's VP? They would need a Pro license set up in their tenant.

- How can I pay for his account (standard pro licence)? ... Embedded or Premium (which isn't even an option due to price) are the only ways.

- I need to be reassured that sharing reports across domains (mine and my clients) is possible. It works. Pro to Pro works for internal or external, it just requires both sender and reciever to have Pro licenses.

- How to get a couple more view-only-test accounts for stakeholders / department heads? You could have the end user create Pro Trial account. (I believe those are still available)

These are the questions, BUT: Even though I am basically doing sales for microsoft in the prospect of a company-wide roll-out, I can't contact them. Even though I am a Pro User (Account) the site doesn't recognize my login when clicking the contact-buttons. It basically sets me on a "looking-for-help"-loop where I end up being recommended a free trial or the FAQ. Are you talking about the Support page? Looks like they are re-directing you to your own O365 admin portal to create the support ticket.

Maybe one of you guys could help. And sorry for the fact that I couldn't hide my opionion that the microsoft team behind power bi doesn't have the slightest idea on how to do sales and how companies reason and decide on software products. The Product team doesn't dictate sales/marketing...that would be the division of the same name that controls that from my understanding. Pro Trials are the avenue to do this sort of pre-sales. It would allow the end user to get the experiance without the need to pay.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks a lot Eno. Your answer actually helped a lot. Thanks for taking the time.

I am now teaching the clients how to create an account and stuff which is not that easy. But I am positive I will get it to work.

For the "Need help"-loop: They are actually not redirecting me to my O365 portal but keep telling me that Pro-Members have free support and offer me to register a trial eventhough I am logged in into a Pro-Account and everything - what the system recocgnized when I try to start the Pro-Trial btw.

I read about the option where I use my companies O365 admin panel to write a support ticket but this is the **bleep**tiest solution of all since our sysadmin would need to make me an admin to O365 where I would be able to make all kinds of modifications to our office infrstructure (he wasn't a fan of the idea).

I know this isn't the place for this, but I think the Pro-Trial is the best way to get the nerds (like me) into the product. But not providing this kind of support is not enabling me and others to start a company-wide implementation of the tool (bottom-up). The people who decide the purchase of a 5.000$+ tool are the ones recieving the reports and taking them into meetings and stuff. The way they have to access their data now is not one that wins them over for sure.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors