Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

malizahid52

Cant connect to SQL Server Analysis Services with On prem Gateway

Hello Guys ,

I am getting this error while connecting to SQL Server Analysis Services using On-Premisis Gateway . 

Something went wrong.
Technical details:
Activity ID: fcae60c8-64d5-cd7d-9445-78d966328574
Request ID: d922bd0b-1d72-58db-99f7-9be759c30e03
Date: 2016-08-21 19:07:07Z (UTC)
Error text: The following system error occurred: The user name or password is incorrect.

This seems strange to me as when i can go to manage gateway option and click   Test all connection , it says Online : you are good to go and when i click data source settings it says connection successfull . 

Analysis service also has the same domain account access and i am using the same domain account in data source settings .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you ankit . i have solved this issue by map user names option in data source settings . my effective user name was not resolving exactly as my email address .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@malizahid52 Can you try changing from Basic to Windows and vice-versa authentication method and see if it works that way. In typical scenario you would have a service account created which you would use for this purpose as Basic authentication method.

Thank you ankit . i have solved this issue by map user names option in data source settings . my effective user name was not resolving exactly as my email address .

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about other users? I solved the problem - now I can view my published report, but the others can`t.

I have done the same with "map user names"

I have identical problem. How and where i can maped user.

Hello.
How do I do mapping?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors