Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

malizahid52

Cant connect to SQL Server Analysis Services with On prem Gateway

Hello Guys ,

I am getting this error while connecting to SQL Server Analysis Services using On-Premisis Gateway . 

Something went wrong.
Technical details:
Activity ID: fcae60c8-64d5-cd7d-9445-78d966328574
Request ID: d922bd0b-1d72-58db-99f7-9be759c30e03
Date: 2016-08-21 19:07:07Z (UTC)
Error text: The following system error occurred: The user name or password is incorrect.

This seems strange to me as when i can go to manage gateway option and click   Test all connection , it says Online : you are good to go and when i click data source settings it says connection successfull . 

Analysis service also has the same domain account access and i am using the same domain account in data source settings .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you ankit . i have solved this issue by map user names option in data source settings . my effective user name was not resolving exactly as my email address .

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@malizahid52 Can you try changing from Basic to Windows and vice-versa authentication method and see if it works that way. In typical scenario you would have a service account created which you would use for this purpose as Basic authentication method.

Thank you ankit . i have solved this issue by map user names option in data source settings . my effective user name was not resolving exactly as my email address .

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about other users? I solved the problem - now I can view my published report, but the others can`t.

I have done the same with "map user names"

I have identical problem. How and where i can maped user.

Hello.
How do I do mapping?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors