Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Swolter
Regular Visitor

Cant access data via Gateways anymore

Hello together,

Regarding Dataset "TT_Dataset_2021" in workspace "TT_SAT_Salesforce_Dev" I'm getting the following error message:

Swolter_0-1656405810666.png

The connections/gateways worked before. The data source connections are still working via Desktop and seem fine if I check the gateways in Service. But I got update them here manually - following error message:

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the Folder source are invalid. (Source at \\\\bosch.com\\dfsrb\\dfsat\\loc\\wi\\abt\\tt-sat\\tt-sat-pm\\powerbi-data.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Folder"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"\\\\bosch.com\\dfsrb\\DfsAT\\LOC\\Wi\\Abt\\TT-SAT\\TT-SAT-PM\\PowerBI-Data\\"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"Folder\",\"path\":\"\\\\\\\\bosch.com\\\\dfsrb\\\\DfsAT\\\\LOC\\\\Wi\\\\Abt\\\\TT-SAT\\\\TT-SAT-PM\\\\PowerBI-Data\\\\\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Kundenanalyse_2020 (neu).
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-L-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: d16b6cac-76b5-48dc-afa4-acabae6aeec3
Request ID: b686e033-e456-82a3-62c4-044690bb43c9
Time: 2022-06-28 08:52:51Z

I got the additional hint in service though once I open a dependend report:

Swolter_1-1656405922213.png

So I guess the gateway credentials need to be adapted. I requested the according rights but were wondering if this is really the issue and somebody can support here.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That wasn't the issue either. I recreated the gateways now and connected them again - now it is working. Thank you anyways for the efforts.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Swolter
Regular Visitor

Hello Ibarrau,

added the domain in the credentials of the gateway and now getting this error message:

Data source error: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the Folder source are invalid. (Source at \\\\bosch.com\\dfsrb\\dfsat\\loc\\wi\\abt\\tt-sat\\tt-sat-pm\\powerbi-data.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Folder"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"\\\\bosch.com\\dfsrb\\DfsAT\\LOC\\Wi\\Abt\\TT-SAT\\TT-SAT-PM\\PowerBI-Data\\"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"Folder\",\"path\":\"\\\\\\\\bosch.com\\\\dfsrb\\\\DfsAT\\\\LOC\\\\Wi\\\\Abt\\\\TT-SAT\\\\TT-SAT-PM\\\\PowerBI-Data\\\\\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: Instagram.
Cluster URI: WABI-NORTH-EUROPE-L-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: d16b6cac-76b5-48dc-afa4-acabae6aeec3
Request ID: 0960be21-fb73-e058-97d7-82b717ab4f66
Time: 2022-07-04 08:25:51Z

Thank you again in advance.

Hi @Swolter ,

According to the error message, it's still a credential problem. If you are sure the password is correct, the problem is still the username. Go to Settings>Accounts>Your info, pick the account as the credential username.

vkalyjmsft_0-1657106528052.png

Hope it helps! 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That wasn't the issue either. I recreated the gateways now and connected them again - now it is working. Thank you anyways for the efforts.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. The error specify that the issue is in the source credentials. One of the sources in the dataset can't recognize the credentials to get to the data. It sounds like a windows credentials trying to read a file. The message recommends using DOMAIN\windowsusername. If you don't have any domain configured from IT, it usually means the name of the PC. You can find it under This PC properties.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors