Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

tobiasmoehrke

Cannot use scheduled refresh for dataset in service: Credentials are required to connect...

Hi there,

I experienced this issue for only some of my files in the dataset. 

I have several files on a SharePoint Online and most of them are working. In PBI Desktop I am able to trigger a refresh successfully. But for some I get an error in the scheduled refresh and try to change the credentials. I use OAuth which works fine most of the time. Nevertheless I receive a 400 error for some files stating:

Error updating the credentials - Credentials are required to connect to the Web source.

I have no idea why this is working for most of the time but those datasources are really annoying. I already tried different browsers (IE / Edge / Chrome), deleted the browser cache, used private sessions, entered the credentials manually again, verified the datasources, etc.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Best Tobias

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Frank,

I found the solution, it was in the detail.

The path of the files where the issue appeared had square brackets. Since I changed that to a normal text format without brackets it is authorizing normally.

I changed "Segment [date]_EU.csv" to "Segment_EU.csv" and that solved the problem.

Cheers

Tobias

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the sharepoint online list when using getdata or Web URL then entering the URL if the Sharepoint list?

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tobiasmoehrke,

Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here. Also my Authentication method is OAuth and my desktop version is Version: 2.60.5169.4101 64-bit (July 2018). Could you please tell me how did you connect to the files in SharePoint?  Or you can delete the dataset and republish once again.

22222.png

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi Frank,

I found the solution, it was in the detail.

The path of the files where the issue appeared had square brackets. Since I changed that to a normal text format without brackets it is authorizing normally.

I changed "Segment [date]_EU.csv" to "Segment_EU.csv" and that solved the problem.

Cheers

Tobias

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors