Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

marco6
Frequent Visitor

Cannot share SharePoint query

Hi all!

I have been developing a report lately. All the data I need comes from a sharepoint list. The list is available online (hosted on <client_name>.sharepoint.com). Offline (PBI Desktop) I can see all the data, I can update everything and I can see all the dashboards.

If I upload on powerbi.com the dashboard (I have a pro license) eveything seems to work as expected. However, if I try to share with another user the report (this users has a pro license, too; moreover, this user is in the same domain of mine) I get this result, no matter what:

pbierr1.png

Clicking on "Visualizza dettagli" ("View details") results in:

pbierr3.png

As a last note, I needed to go to "Settings" and specify "OAuth2" as authentication method (and insert again online my credentials) in order to be able (from my account) to update the dataset (and schedule a daily update as well).

What am I doing wrong? How can I proceed?

Thank you,

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all! I am writing as I found the source of my problem: if you enable RLS on your dataset, only admin (and not members) users can see all the report. Removing or correctly configuring RLS solves the problem. Still I think this sould be handled differently: if a user doesn't have the permission to access a dataset, the entire report should not be loaded instead of loading it with cryptic errors.

Regards,

Marco

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors