Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jeyaprakash
Frequent Visitor

Cannot set the Scheduled Refresh.

I am using few Power Query functions to pull the data from Public Web API. It works in Desktop version and published to the Web also works fine. When i want to refresh the data using Power BI Gateway, it shows the "You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh." message. I can't set the  Scheduled Refresh. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jeyaprakash,

>>I am using few Power Query functions to pull the data from Public Web API.

Did you use any custom functions in power query? If this is a case, current power query custom function only works on desktop, I think your issue may related to it.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you for your response. I am using Custom Functions to pull the data from the Web API. Both the functions are used to fetch the datas from the Web API and Pagination. Is it possible to set the Gateway for Power Query M Functions? If yes, Can you tell me how to set the gateway for these Power Query M Functions?

I've few more doubts on this. While doing Scheduled Refresh for SQL Data Source, it returns the "Last Refresh Succeeded : null" message. It doesn't refreshed successfully and it doesn't sent the mail as well. But when doing manual refresh it works fine and the refresh mail has sent. What is the reason for that? 

When scheduled the data refresh, sometimes the error message "Your data gateway is offline or couldn't be reached. Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again." shown. What is the reason for that?

I am very new to Power BI. I am facing these problems. Can anyone please answer the above?

Thanks,

Jeyaprakash A

Hi @Jeyaprakash,

Can you please provide more detail informaiton to help us clarify your issue?

Detail information and screenshots of below tab.

3.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors