Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

chris1152

Cannot see any dataset when trying to create report power bi online

I am currently working in an organisation workspace and when I try to create a report the dialog "select a dataset to create a report" but it does not load any dataset even though I have build permission to the dataset. It is stuck on the loading icon.

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @chris1152 

I wonder if the dataset is from a different workspace. Building a report on top of a dataset in a different workspace requires the new workspace experience at both ends: The report needs to be in a new workspace experience and the dataset needs to be in a new workspace experience.

For further information, please refer the official document . Do pay attention to the considerations and limitations.

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Allan,

I seem to have the same issue, just trying to create a new report from an existing dataset, both in the same workspace:

image.png

It won't load any dataset 🤦‍♂️

Any hint?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors