Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bobtail0925
Employee
Employee

Cannot see Q&A question box

There was once I see the Q&A question box... but it is no longer there.

6 REPLIES 6
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Q&A works against SQL Azure data set, i just tested it.  Try to pin a tile to your dashboard and the Q&Q input box should show up.

@andre Q&A don't suppose to work..

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/581421-azure-sql-database-with-direct-connect

but I tried and worked..but it worked only for the data first cached when connecting..No way to answer updated data..of course I have another problem which is that my tiles are not refreshing..maybe if they will I am able to  Q&A the latest ( updated ) cached data..

Konstantinos Ioannou

@konstantinos interesting... i have not tested the caching situation. 

I am going to go on a wild speculation here, but the fact that Q&A works at all implies that there is an AS (direct query mode ???) model sitting between visuals and SQL Azure.  Since Q&A is a meta data driven technology that depends mostly on the semantic model and to a lesser degree on the actual data in the model (although again, there is a fair amount of speculation in that statement) I think it is not beyond the realm of possibilities to assert that Q&A should in fact work with SQL Azure and the caching problem that you are seeing is related to the data set overall and not Q&A per se.

At the same time, it is all one huge wild speculation and it would be interesting if MS could shed some light on the situation 🙂

bobtail0925
Employee
Employee

Capture.PNG

Workspace ellipses, settings, check box for showing or not showing Q&A.

Edit 8/13/2015 - Sorry, Dashboard ellipses, settings, ...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Since PowerBI service direct connection to SQL DB is a live connection like SSAS , maybe don't support Q&A..

Not tested yet..

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors