Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bobtail0925
Employee
Employee

Cannot see Q&A question box

There was once I see the Q&A question box... but it is no longer there.

6 REPLIES 6
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Q&A works against SQL Azure data set, i just tested it.  Try to pin a tile to your dashboard and the Q&Q input box should show up.

@andre Q&A don't suppose to work..

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/581421-azure-sql-database-with-direct-connect

but I tried and worked..but it worked only for the data first cached when connecting..No way to answer updated data..of course I have another problem which is that my tiles are not refreshing..maybe if they will I am able to  Q&A the latest ( updated ) cached data..

Konstantinos Ioannou

@konstantinos interesting... i have not tested the caching situation. 

I am going to go on a wild speculation here, but the fact that Q&A works at all implies that there is an AS (direct query mode ???) model sitting between visuals and SQL Azure.  Since Q&A is a meta data driven technology that depends mostly on the semantic model and to a lesser degree on the actual data in the model (although again, there is a fair amount of speculation in that statement) I think it is not beyond the realm of possibilities to assert that Q&A should in fact work with SQL Azure and the caching problem that you are seeing is related to the data set overall and not Q&A per se.

At the same time, it is all one huge wild speculation and it would be interesting if MS could shed some light on the situation 🙂

bobtail0925
Employee
Employee

Capture.PNG

Workspace ellipses, settings, check box for showing or not showing Q&A.

Edit 8/13/2015 - Sorry, Dashboard ellipses, settings, ...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Since PowerBI service direct connection to SQL DB is a live connection like SSAS , maybe don't support Q&A..

Not tested yet..

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors