Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eskyline
Resolver I
Resolver I

Cannot see One Drive for Business group after creating group in Power BI

I created a new group in Power BI.  After creating the group I am unable to add files to it because when I go into the One Drive application in O365 that group does not appear.  Also when I click on the ... next to the namespace/group from Power BI I don't have the options for File/Members/ etc.  O only have the Edit Group and Leave group options.

Can someone explain this to me?  Is it somehow because I'm the group creator vs. a member?

My goal is to put my .pbix out there in the group namespace so that all members in the group will be able to view it.  It seems like I had this work at least one time.  I do not recollect if I was the group creator in that instance.

Thanks in advance.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-service-connect-to-files-on-your-groups-on...

3 REPLIES 3
eskyline
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks for the info.  In my case it seems like time and/or logging off and then back on resolve my issue.  The Files options do now appear.  I've got another case where its yet to be determined if that is the case.  It could be licensing I'll have to dig deeper.

tjd
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Groups are a function of your Outlook, not your One Drive.  If I recall correctly, after creating them in PowerBI.com, you need to go into your Office 365 account (online), select Outlook and then activate them to get them to start displaying.

@eskyline Ginger Grant does a nice job explaining this in her blog here it sounds like you are missing some licensing in Office 365. Check her section on "Licensing: The answer to Why Group Workspace Features Don’t Work"

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors