Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

automate2create
Regular Visitor

Cannot see Manage Alerts on Dashboard

Hi there

I'm working in Power BI Service and just completed a short tutorial on how to create alerts.  This works.

So now I am creating my own dashboard with alerts.  The data is from a dataset that is refreshed every day in our datawarehouse.  I have created a couple of cards that were going to have alerts against them, but when I hover over them, the elipse doesn't appear.  Instead, there is one elipse for the whole dashboard.  It has the following options:

automate2create_0-1660834218760.png

There is no manage alerts option like there was when I created the alerts from the Microsoft Retail Park sample data.

I created the dashboard from an existing report, kept one tab on it and added a few cards to it.  Then saved it as a Dashboard.

Is there something inherently wrong with doing it this way?  I have tried creating a dashboard from scratch but it does not seem to give the option to use a dataset.

automate2create_1-1660834500481.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
automate2create
Regular Visitor

I have solved my own issue.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
automate2create
Regular Visitor

Hi @AnujaK

My solution is further up in the thread.  To be honest, this issue happened a while ago and I don't remember it so clearly now but I hope the resolution I posted above will help.  

jeffrypaulson00
Regular Visitor

Hi, I satisfy all the criteria mentioned above and have a pro license but still couldn't leverage the alert option and this is not even displaying when I right-click the three dots in the tile. could you help?

Hi!  This is what I did to solve my problem (rookie error).  I had a report and I wanted to make a dashboard with alerts.  I had a card on the report, if you click on the pin icon on the card, you get the Pin to Dashboard option and you can choose an existing dasboard or New dashboard.  Let me know if you get this far, you may well be able to work out the rest from here.

automate2create_0-1661414183971.png

I have decided to put the last bit here.  So at this point you will have either a new or existing dashboard with your card on it.  If you click on the three dots, you will see manage alerts.

automate2create_2-1661414694983.png

automate2create
Regular Visitor

I have solved my own issue.

@automate2create How did you manage to fix this issue? I am facing the same, I do not see Set Alert option. I have Pro License and a Premium Capacity Workspace.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors