Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot remove old reports in App

Hi, 

I copy a report from one workspace (1) to another (2) and update workspace 2 to my app. But when I update my report in desktop, publish to workspace 1 and copy to workspace 2 AND delete the first report from workspace 2, it says I cannot copy because it has the same name as the first report I copied although the first report is deleted from the workspace and the app is updated with no reports in it. 

How come? And do you have an alternative solution when I have a "master workspace" and wants to copy to another workspace/app

7 REPLIES 7
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

I'd like to suggest you to remove old version report(workspace 2) before your copy update report, it seems like power bi not allow you to do replace operation on contents which published as app.

In addition, did this issue appears if you direct publish to workspace 2?
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive should have mentioned that my report's dataset is build on a master report from workspace 1, so its not possible to publish my report to workspace 2. 

It doesnt not allow my to replace it and thats fine but the problem is that when I delete my report in workspace 2 (first picture) and try to copy my report from workspace 1 to 2, it says theres already a report with that name (second picture) AND app from workspace 2 still has the report although I deleted it.

billede 1.PNGbillede 2.PNGbillede 3.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft  Is it a bug in the copy-function or simply a problem without a solution?

Thanks,

Mikkel

HI @Anonymous ,

In fact, I can't reproduce this. I refer to your steps and test on two workspaces, it works well without any issues.

Anything particular in your report? Can you please share more details about your report? (e.g. datasource type, connection mode, security settings...)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft

Sure thing. My master dataset is connected to CRM Odata feed. It has a scheduled refresh every 4th hours. This master dataset is uploaded in workspace 1. To make a report I connect to the master dataset in workspace 1. Lets call it Report A (see picture 1).Picture 1.JPG 

Report A is then copied to workspace 2 with the same name "URS_Rapportering_Dashboard". Also works fine. 
Then I make some changes to the "URS_Rapportering_Dashboard" in workspace 1 and wants to copy the new upadted version to workspace 2. First, I delete the copied report A in workspace 2. (see picture 2 - no reports). 
Picture 2.JPG
But when I go the App of workspace 2, Report A is still visible/accesible (see picture 3) and I am not allowed to copy Report A from workspace 1 to workspace 2 because it already exist with that name (picture 4) although picture 2 shows that Report A is deleted.
Picture 3                                         Picture 4
Picture 3.JPGPicture 4.JPG

I dont use RLS

Thanks,
Mikkel

Hi @Anonymous ,

I think the old version report has been included in the published workspace app and you haven't updated your app after finish delete old version report, right? (I got the same error message when I test with above steps)

If this is a case, I'd like to suggest you update your app after you change publish content.  It seems like some references still include in the published app and it does not allow you to copy the report with the same report name. (You can modify the copy report name to skip this error message)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

The problem is that I cant update my app from my workspace if I delete the old report in workspace first. I have to first upload the new report the workspace (with a new name), delete the old report and then update my workspace app OR I make a new blank report, delete my old report and upload the new report. Doesnt seems intuitively designed.     

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors