Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
slavs Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Cannot remove external users - security issue

Hi,

As a test, I have added an extenal user and granted access to a report.

I then tested accessing the report via the embedded link with sucess.

I then removed the user from the report and can still access the report via the embedded link.

I would like to raise a support ticket. I have a Pro licence and we are using a Premium instance but I can't seem to find a link to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slavs Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot remove external users - security issue

It is Power BI embedded. 
Access was eventually removed after I checked 24 hours after, but it stayed active for at least an hour.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @slavs ,

What type of embed link you mean? Generated from 'publish to web' or 'power bi embedded'? If you mean publish to web, current it will share your reports with public permission.(they not contains any security settings) Everyone who know correspond embedded code can view shared contents without any authorities.

Publish to web from Power BI

If that is a case, I'd like to recommend you to use power bi embedded function to instead:

What is Power BI Embedded?

Regards,

Xiaoxin sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
slavs Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

It is Power BI embedded. 
Access was eventually removed after I checked 24 hours after, but it stayed active for at least an hour.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 416 members 3,695 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: