Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brade

Cannot refresh dataset

I have set a Data Management Gateway on an on-premise server in our environment and configured it through Power BI Admin Center for availability as an oData feed. I've then been able to use PowerQuery in both Excel and PowerBI for Desktop to access the data.

Once I've got a model built, I can load the file to PowerBI.com and the dataset is loaded correctly. However, at this point I am unable to refresh the data. Both manual and automatic refresh fails, as I'm unable to login to the dataset using oAuth2. When I attempt to login I get the following error:

Login failed

Activity Id: 2e3a7627-fa6a-42a2-9c1a-bb99bf7fa6d3
Request Id: 4f388bf5-8f9c-2545-44c2-94e13ac97025
Status Code: 400
Time: Sun Jul 26 2015 22:31:21 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)
Version: 11.0.9167.449

These are the same credentials I use to connect to the oData feed from PowerBI for Desktop or Excel, which are my O365 organizational credentials.

Anyone know how to get around this?

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

What is the data source that you have enabled as an OData feed through your Data Mangement Gateway? Is it a SQL data source, Oracle, Power Query? If Power Query, what is the Power Query accessing, SharePoint list, Excel file, etc?

Does it follow/meet the rules specified here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Supported-Data-Sources-and-Data-Types-cb69a30a-2225-451f-a9...

and here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Data-source-prerequisites-Power-Query-6062cf52-c764-45d0-a1...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

It was a SQL database. I was unable to get the issue resolved, but I was able to utilize the personal gateway to surface the data through an Excel model instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors