Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Cannot refresh dataset

Dear All, 

Hope my message finds you well and healthy!

Can anyone tell me if they have received such an error when refreshing dataset in Service?

Atanas_Atanasov_0-1659960236857.png

NOTE: The report refreshes ok in Desktop, but when published and refreshed I got that. The table mentioned in the error is from SQL server if that helps.

All due respect, 

Atanas

5 REPLIES 5
Luca_Yu
Regular Visitor

Hi @Atanas_Atanasov ,

Please confirm the gateway data source you created that Server and database names must match between Power BI Desktop and the data source added to the on-premises data gateway.

For more detail information, please read this article: Add or remove a gateway data source - Power BI | Microsoft Docs , Manage your data source - SQL - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@Luca_Yu - thank you for your suggestion, they both match. To be honest I am getting a bit desperate on that... I've checked with some people from my organization as well and no one is able to help me with it. I haven't made fuzzy matching in PQ, my foreign and primary keys have the same data type, and my numeric type columns do not contain null. My last resort would be to start the report from scratch and see what would happen when I publish it again...

Hi @Atanas_Atanasov ,

Please try below steps:

1. check your on-premises gateway: confirm it work well and can access the datasource
  2. check your connection: you can create a new report with the same datasource and refresh the dataset by the same gateway with the same gateway datasource -- in order to confirm  the connection is right
  3. check your datasource: confirm the gateway datasource match the Desktop datasource, and the datasourcce has correct settings

Up to now I know the direction to try is only these, I hope to help you.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Atanas_Atanasov 

You need to check your gateway, connection and the data source.

Thanks

Hari

@Hariharan_R  - Thank you for your suggestion, but can you please be more specific? What should I check on the gateway in particular? From my end it works just fine. Same for the data source. Is there anything I have to check specifically?

Thank you, 

Atanas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors