Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

maydaymiao
Frequent Visitor

Cannot receive alert either from notification or email

Hi,

I am using an IoT sensor to publish temperature data to IoT Hub, and I have stored data into Azure SQL Data Warehouse through ASA. In Power Bi, I also connect my database and am able to see the live data. Everything looks fine till now.

Now I would like to set a rule said if the avg is greater than 25 degees (it will be great that PowerBi alert can also work under streaming dataset or we can have something called "Don't summarize" in report, because from sensor data perspective, we want to monitor the real time data), I have created a simple report, pin to the dashbaord, and set the alert rule. Unfortunately, I do not receive any alert message from either PowerBi notification or from email.

alert.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@maydaymiao

The maximum notification frequency is at most once an hour. You should be only able to receive one alert if the average of temperature is above 25.

Best Regards,
Herbert

maydaymiao
Frequent Visitor

I got the alert just now, is it because that the dataset only get refreshed hourly (I am an Pro user)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors