Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'Kind')

I tried using the AI insights using data flows  in PowerBI.

I followed the Tutorial: Use Cognitive Services in Power BI (Preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn link

After i load the table and I click on to AI insights icon. I get the following error. 

2022-11-22_12h12_17.png

7 REPLIES 7
ghamers
Employee
Employee

The workaround to this issue is by enabling the Fast Combine feature within Power Query.  Before adding any of the AI features, you will need to go into the Options => Project Options => Enable "Allow combining data from mutliple datasources."  By default the switch is off, and it needs to be set to on to avoid these types of issues.  See the picture below:

ghamers_0-1681419124043.jpeg

Thanks for posting this solution! I had been pulling my hair out for several hours trying to get AutoML to work. Cheers!!

derekma19
Frequent Visitor

Did you solve the issue, I'm facing exacting the same problem

rehantayyar
Regular Visitor

Same here, can't find a solution. I even tried referencing another dataflow instead of pulling the data directly via gateway

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you use gateway?

There are some known issues with using Gateway with Cognitive Services. If you need to use a gateway, we recommend creating a dataflow that imports the necessary data via gateway first. Then create another dataflow that references the first dataflow to apply these functions.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the reply,

No I didn't use a gateway. The steps that i followed was 

Create dataflow -> Add table -> Datasource: Text/CSV -> In URL I added the https://pbiaitutorials.blob.core.windows.net/textanalytics/FabrikamComments.csv link.

Even when I add a CSV or Excel file from my local, i get the same error.

Did you ever get an answer? I'm dealing with the same issue, and it looks like it hasn't been resolved, even though you submitted this months ago.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors