Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harleyD
Frequent Visitor

Cannot pin to dashboard as not all dashboards are displayed in the list!

I am trying to pin a tile to a dashboard, however the dashboard i want to pin to is not displayed in the list. I have many dashboards but only 11 are displaying in the list. All reports and dashboards are in the same workspace and i am the owner of everything.

Does anybody have any ideas?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, 

I tried pinning the tile to the dashbaord from a completely different machine and browser with another user log in who had full access to the same workspace -but no luck.

Then had a call with MS Support, we identified that it seemed to be some sort of issue whereby the lock icon (read only) mode was being applied intermittantly! Refrshing the browser a few times got rid of the lock icon and i was able to proceed with pinning tiles! It happened again this morning but the work-around is helping for now!

Working now to send over log files to see if that can help!

Thanks for your reply!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @harleyD,

I guess it means you not have edit permission on these dashboards. Please refer to below link to check your permissions.

Dashboard Sharing, and Manage Permissions in Power BI; Simple, but Useful?

BTW, Is there anything particular in dashboard '11' ? Can you pin visuals to new created dashboards?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

I tried pinning the tile to the dashbaord from a completely different machine and browser with another user log in who had full access to the same workspace -but no luck.

Then had a call with MS Support, we identified that it seemed to be some sort of issue whereby the lock icon (read only) mode was being applied intermittantly! Refrshing the browser a few times got rid of the lock icon and i was able to proceed with pinning tiles! It happened again this morning but the work-around is helping for now!

Working now to send over log files to see if that can help!

Thanks for your reply!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors