cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
harleyD Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Cannot pin to dashboard as not all dashboards are displayed in the list!

I am trying to pin a tile to a dashboard, however the dashboard i want to pin to is not displayed in the list. I have many dashboards but only 11 are displaying in the list. All reports and dashboards are in the same workspace and i am the owner of everything.

Does anybody have any ideas?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
harleyD Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Cannot pin to dashboard as not all dashboards are displayed in the list!

Hi, 

I tried pinning the tile to the dashbaord from a completely different machine and browser with another user log in who had full access to the same workspace -but no luck.

Then had a call with MS Support, we identified that it seemed to be some sort of issue whereby the lock icon (read only) mode was being applied intermittantly! Refrshing the browser a few times got rid of the lock icon and i was able to proceed with pinning tiles! It happened again this morning but the work-around is helping for now!

Working now to send over log files to see if that can help!

Thanks for your reply!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @harleyD,

I guess it means you not have edit permission on these dashboards. Please refer to below link to check your permissions.

Dashboard Sharing, and Manage Permissions in Power BI; Simple, but Useful?

BTW, Is there anything particular in dashboard '11' ? Can you pin visuals to new created dashboards?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
harleyD Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi, 

I tried pinning the tile to the dashbaord from a completely different machine and browser with another user log in who had full access to the same workspace -but no luck.

Then had a call with MS Support, we identified that it seemed to be some sort of issue whereby the lock icon (read only) mode was being applied intermittantly! Refrshing the browser a few times got rid of the lock icon and i was able to proceed with pinning tiles! It happened again this morning but the work-around is helping for now!

Working now to send over log files to see if that can help!

Thanks for your reply!