Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jernej
Frequent Visitor

Cannot login to my account

Hello,

when I am trying to login, it says that my password is incorrect. I try to reset my password but it says that only admin can reset my password. The problem is that I am the only admin... How can I reset my password then?

Does this problem have to do anything with expiration of the Power BI subscribtion that wasnt renewed?

Is it possible to delete the work account and create a new one without accessing admin portal? I am the only admin and I cannot log in to office 365 where i was supposed to reset my password...

Thanks for the help.

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for the reply.

I am not pro user and cannot buy pro subscription as i cannot log into my account. So submitting ticket is not an option.

I didnt find the solution there so far. I will try to post my issue there.

Regards

@Jernej If your subscription expired without renewal you will need to renew the subscription with microsoft and potentially contact them to see if your workspaces and datasets are recoverable if they are not there once you log back into your account. If you are trying to log into Power BI Service, but have not renewed your subscription you can renew your subscription on Microsoft's website with the same account name. Once you have renewed the Power BI Pro account you should be able to log into Power BI Service again.

Jernej
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply.

I actually do not care if workspaces and datasets would not be recoverable. I just want to be able to use Power BI again, even if that means from scratch. We would like to buy the pro subscription, but in order to do so I need to log into my account. And I am not able to do that... It is a vicious circle. I will try to call Microsoft if they can help me somehow.

Regards

Yeah if you are unable to access your account at all, but need the same account in lue of creating a new one then you will have to call microsoft.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors