Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jwillis07
Helper I
Helper I

Cannot load model

Good morning all,

Hoping you can help... For the past week or so I keep getting this error message when trying to access reports from the Power BI service...

Power BI Error Message.jpg

Republishing the dataset temporarily fixes the issue, but then it just happens again, about 2-3 times a day.

• I have a MariaDB SQL database, connected to Power BI through direct query.

• This file is then published (with 0 visuals) to a non-premium workspace

• Subsequent dashboards then use the published Power BI dataset which are then published to the same workspace.

• I have three reports/dashboards that use this dataset and all get affected by this error

I don't think there's anything wrong with my model as it works fine... until it doesn't... I know you can't see much here, but this is what my model looks like:

Power Bi Model.jpg

I've googled around and seen some suggested fixes that I've tried, none of which solved the issue:

1. Uninstalled and re-installed Power BI Desktop, then republish.

2. Download the PBIX file from the Service and republish from Desktop

3. Verified that all who access my workspace have Pro licenses and is not being accessed from anyone outside my organisation

Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I think this only started happening when I started editing reports in the Service.

Any tips on how to stop this happening would be massively appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jwillis07 ,

An internal ICM has been created.

ICM ID: 329977022.

If there's any progress, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
MalcolmPorter

I am also having same issue 

All Direct queries and seems to only do this between hours of 17:00 and 06:00 UTC  +2
Regards

nssj1983
Regular Visitor

I have the same case mentioned by @jwillis07. I haven't been able to add any new visuals to the app since last week. Displays exactly the same message.
(PT-BR)

nssj1983_0-1663002038764.png

Hi @nssj1983 Are you also using the MariaDB connector?

v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jwillis07 ,

An internal ICM has been created.

ICM ID: 329977022.

If there's any progress, I will update it here.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi jayw, has there been any progress on this?

I stopped getting this error for about a week but now it's back, and the fix of just re-publishing the dataset no longer works so essentially all my Power BI reports using this are just dead and I have no idea why it's happening or how to fix it. Incredibly frustrating!

Thank you.

Hi @jwillis07  mine issue is the same, except mine seems to only effect after hours. During hours works fine. Is yours the same ?

Hi @malcolms

No, I'm experiencing the issue 24/7. I've had some video calls with Microsoft support over the weekend and potentially identified the source of the issue to be the MariaDB connector.

Switching to use ODBC works fine (however that obviously has limitations in that it only supports Import Mode)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors