Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot load model error

Hi, 

in my organisation we are managing a dashboard that we are sharing to out client. One of the client's employee asked us to assigned her a role for our dashborad so she could see it only with specific data. We assigned her as we do it usually - we added her to roles in data model in Visual Studio and then updated the app adding her email to Permissions tab. She is a regular Power BI Pro license user. She is able to use the data model in Excel , she can see the data, but when it comes to Power BI online she is always receiving this error: 

zarebskaAZ_0-1628601223154.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Please validate the RLS role for the user, that is the reason behind it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Did I troubleshoot the issue with my answer above?

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Looking forward to your reply.😉

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

As we known, when connecting to an AS data source in LC mode, when your user name in Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) doesn't match a UPN in your local Active Directory instance, you need can use map user names feature to be a workaround.

In your case, you have solved the issue mentioned above, when you share contents with other users, others also need this mapping process, so you need add user in 'manage gateway'.

vxulinmstf_0-1628755571969.png

If you still have some question, please don't hesitate to let me known.‌‌

Best Regards,

Link

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Is this an external user?

If so external users cannot access Power BI datasets via Excel it is a current limitation.

Also you mention deploying changes to Visual Studio which would indicate that you might be using Azure Analysis Services, if so you would also need to make sure the user has got the right role permissions there?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ - our data model is created in Visual Studio and yes we are using Azure Analysis Services. The point is that when she is using the data model in Excel it works. However when she opens the dashboard that uses the same data model, the mentioned error occurs. The role permission is perfectly fine - we have checked it many times. 

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

Please validate the RLS role for the user, that is the reason behind it.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution and give it a thumbs up

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

@arvindsingh802 the RLS role for the user is fine. We have checked it so many times.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors