Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

qsong
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot load data from dataflow to Power Bi Desktop

Hi Everyone,

I created dataflow and then used PowerBi Desktop to load data from dataflow. It turns out that all tables loaded are empty in powerbi desktop. I check tables in the dataflow and they are all fine. What might be the reason? 

Thank you

Best, Qianru

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @qsong ,

Please check how much memory do you have and how much space you have used.

By my research, sometime this may be a temporary error. You could have a reference of these similar threads which have been solved : case1, case2, case3.

You may need to improve the dataflow performance: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/SQLServer-performace-issue-will-dataflows-help/td-p/783770.

Or use incremental refresh for dataflow, see more detail:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-incremental-refresh.

After creating the new dataflow, you may refresh the Dataflow on Power BI Service to make data loaded into the entity. Then, click the "Refresh" button in "Navigator" pane when use Power BI dataflows connector in Power BI Desktop . If still no data is shown, please clear permissions under "Data Source settings", and establish the connection to dataflow again.

79.png

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @qsong ,

Please check how much memory do you have and how much space you have used.

By my research, sometime this may be a temporary error. You could have a reference of these similar threads which have been solved : case1, case2, case3.

You may need to improve the dataflow performance: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/SQLServer-performace-issue-will-dataflows-help/td-p/783770.

Or use incremental refresh for dataflow, see more detail:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-dataflows-incremental-refresh.

After creating the new dataflow, you may refresh the Dataflow on Power BI Service to make data loaded into the entity. Then, click the "Refresh" button in "Navigator" pane when use Power BI dataflows connector in Power BI Desktop . If still no data is shown, please clear permissions under "Data Source settings", and establish the connection to dataflow again.

79.png

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

After you have created your dataflow, you need to refresh it first before being able to use it in Power BI Desktop.

Have you refreshed it yet?

Yesterday when I created the dataflow and I refreshed data; however, today I saw it failed to refresh again. Why does it happen? I try to refresh again and it takes for a while, but it is not able to refresh properly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard to say without any details. What error message are you getting?

There is no error message. There is no data (tables are empty) in PowerBi desktop when I try to load data from dataflow. 

The message is Error: DataSource.Error: AnalysisServices: You have reached the maximum allowable memory allocation for your tier. Consider upgrading to a tier with more available memory. 

Even though Entity refresh status for some data of the dataflow are completed, dataflow refresh status overall is failed

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors