Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomSchoone
Regular Visitor

Cannot load Data for this visual.

I recently published my dashboard from the app/desktop to power Bi services but now my visuals aren't loading anymore.

I use a data set that was already in my workspace and the gauge visual from the microsoft store, only after publishing the dashboard doesn't show any of my visuals anymore when trying to view it in the browser or when sharing with colleagues.

Activiteits-id: 69e9cae7-1837-4598-bcb2-81184ef07c80
Aanvraag-id: 3d1b68f3-5f0e-422f-8cc0-386bbfefa101
Correlatie-id: c27e6723-56f7-d63d-9652-f8cb50363b45
Tijd: Thu Mar 30 2023 16:17:16 GMT+0200 (Midden-Europese zomertijd)
Serviceversie: 13.0.20342.55
Versie van client: 2303.3.12949-train
URI cluster: https://wabi-west-europe-e-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/

All other reports that use the similar data sources work fine exept for this one.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @TomSchoone ,

If you share the report with other users, you must give them the build permissions for the referenced dataset and the access permissions for that report.

You need add these users as contributor, member, or admin roles to the workspace. Or you can give the build permissions to these users in the dataset permissions management.
Refer to :

Using DirectQuery for datasets and Analysis Services (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

It may also be related to the date format:

Solved: Service: "Couldn't load the data for this visual",... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Azure "cannot load the data for this visual" - Microsoft Power BI Community

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: "Couldn't load the data for this visual" error wit... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomSchoone
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-yangliu-msft ,

Thanks for the response. I figured it out in the meantime. Apparently the data gateway wasn't setup properly. Somehow it didnt effect any other published dashboards but this one. With the Microsoft data-gateway app I managed to create a working gateway and display all visuals in the report 🙂

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @TomSchoone ,

If you share the report with other users, you must give them the build permissions for the referenced dataset and the access permissions for that report.

You need add these users as contributor, member, or admin roles to the workspace. Or you can give the build permissions to these users in the dataset permissions management.
Refer to :

Using DirectQuery for datasets and Analysis Services (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

It may also be related to the date format:

Solved: Service: "Couldn't load the data for this visual",... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Azure "cannot load the data for this visual" - Microsoft Power BI Community

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: "Couldn't load the data for this visual" error wit... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors