Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot download preview .pbix file from my reports

Hello,

I was trying to download one of my reports that has total size of 10MB and 9 tabs.

When I click Download report (Preview), it simply shows the message box that says it is downloading, but nothing happens even after hours.

From https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Exporting-to-Power-BI-Desktop-reports-with-large-imported/m..., I know that large reports take longer to download, but mine is 10MB, so I guess this functionality is not working fine.

Let me know if I am missing anything, and any thoughts and comments are appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous,

I have made a test but couldn't reproduce this issue. Have you tried different browser?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Is the window that is doing the download left open?

Also I would suggest keeping that window open and not navigating away?

One final question is if the report was created before Jun 2016 it will not be able to be downloaded from the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors