Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yes123
Frequent Visitor

Cannot create dashboard from App

Nor me, nor other users can create dashboards from the Apps I have created. It says "Read-only content can't be pinned". Have I missed something, this feels like a core feature?

When we used content packs before this was not a problem.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Yes123,

Please mark the right or helpful reply as answer. More people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

@Yes123 The transition to Apps from Content Packs is currently a little rough if you were using some of the "Customize" features in Content Packs. From my understanding the features will grow for Apps, but currently they are read-only and there is no flexibility with them as it relates to making versions of your own things from them. They are however, the future as it was announced that at some point Content Packs will be deprecated.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks @Seth_C_Bauer

However, it feels strange that a core feature like dashboards is not included in Apps yet

So the short time fix is to not use Apps, but the old Content packs, I guess

Hi @Yes123,

As the @Seth_C_Bauer said, the shared apps are read-only, we can't edit it. So that no users can create dashboards from the Apps There is an feature request, please review and vote it. Maybe the feature will come soon after more people's needs.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors