Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EllieKS
Frequent Visitor

Cannot create a support ticket as a PRO member. I keep being diverted to the Free Account support pa

Hi,

I am a Power BI PRO member since recently, initially, I had a free account.

Whenever I try to share a report on the service with other organisation members, I keep being asked to upgrade to Power BI PRO even though I am already a member. When I look in my subscriptions, I have two - a Free and a PRO subscription listed there. I tried to raise a support ticket, however, whenever I use this link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/  I keep been rediverted back to the free support link: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/free/ so I am just going round in circles. I cleared my cookies, browsing history etc, not change.

Any help would be much appreciated. Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NimaiAhluwalia
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @EllieKS 

Try removing both the licence from your azure subscription and re-assign the pro licence to yourself.

Important 

Assign only one license at a time.

IF MY SOLUTION HELPED YOU PLEASE DO HIT A LIKE AND ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION IF IT SOLVES YOUR ERROR!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @EllieKS 

How you get the Pro license? Did you purchase it separately or assigned by a user administrator or license administrator of your organization? Or the trial version of Pro? If you click on the Profile that you see on the upper right in Power BI Service, what kind of license do you see?

v-cazheng-msft_0-1618975046918.png

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

HI Caiyun,

It was assigned to me by the account administrator. This is how it appears in my subscriptions:

bi.PNG

Thanks for your help.

Hi @EllieKS 

Please contact your organization's Global administrator, Billing administrator or License administrator and let one of them remove your license said as NimaiAhluwalia, re-assign the Pro license to you in Microsoft 365 admin center or Azure portal. If it doesn't work, please let me known if your colleague has the same problem and how your organization purchased the Pro license. Is it obtained by purchasing a Pro license directly or by purchasing a product such as Office 365 E5?

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @EllieKS 

Thanks ok @EllieKS 

As I suggested earlier try assigning the single PRO license from the Azure Admin Portal.

NimaiAhluwalia
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello @EllieKS 

Try removing both the licence from your azure subscription and re-assign the pro licence to yourself.

Important 

Assign only one license at a time.

IF MY SOLUTION HELPED YOU PLEASE DO HIT A LIKE AND ACCEPT IT AS A SOLUTION IF IT SOLVES YOUR ERROR!

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @EllieKS 

Sometimes power Bi takes time to activate things...is the issue still there?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hi Amine - yes it is and has been since last week.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @EllieKS 

Did you check with Azure adminstrator of your organization?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Hi Amine, Thank you for your reply. Not specifically, however, I have notified my colleague who is in charge of the issue and I haven't been informed of any change.  I was able to share a couple of reports since my PRO membership was activated. I am just trying to raise a support ticket, any idea how I can do that from the admin portal? I don't see the option.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @EllieKS 

Did you go through this link?

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

If it is still not working for you then you defenitly need to contact the person who provided you with the Pro License, may be you need permissions that he only can offord it to you.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors