Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fbrossard
Advocate V
Advocate V

Cannot create a group within my PBI Pro Licence

Hi,

I've got Power BI Pro with O365 E5 and I can't create a new group see error message below:

"

Something went wrong.
Couldn't create the group
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

ID d'activitécc143828-1630-40da-a3f4-2dda5d560388
ID de demande2c6c588b-ec5e-fcb0-9e0c-472f4d023c39
ID de corrélation4fef12d7-d5b5-cc16-f4a2-27cf4429fac4
Code d'état500
HeureMon Sep 19 2016 17:36:30 GMT+0200 (Romance Daylight Time)
Version13.0.1605.489
"

5 REPLIES 5
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@fbrossard

Please make sure your account is Pro User now as below. One more thing, if you’re Microsoft vendor, you will not be able to create O365 Groups. But according to the URL provided above, it seems that you’re not.

Cannot create a group within my PBI Pro Licence_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

I'm getting the same error when trying to create a group.

However, i'm still a pro trial user, since our headquarter hasn't linked our licenses yet.

Is it normal I can't test this as long as I'm a pro trial user?

@Tom_Delodder

According to this document, after you have signed up for your free account, you can optionally choose to try Pro for free. You will have access to all of the Pro features for the duration of the trial.

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft, thx for your reply.

I already activated the free pro trial which lasts 60 days, and I tried to add another user who also has the pro trial version to this group.

If you look at the documentation you added, you would expect that I should be able to create groups.

I was just wondering if the failing of creation of the group was due to the fact that we are on a pro trial version for now, or if this issue will persist when we got the pro licenses activated on our accounts.

@Tom_Delodder @fbrossard

I had this happen once. I used a different browser and was successful. Another time, I just had to wait a few days.

Sometimes the service can be persnickity. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors