Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SteveCarter1
Advocate II
Advocate II

Cannot copy any visual from any dashboard or report - we couldn't copy that visual

Hi

As of this morning, all dashboard and report visuals return this when trying to copy any of them, via the reporting service:

SteveCarter1_0-1663560670926.png

I have tried both latest Edge and Chrome browsers on work PC and home PC. Same result.  We have dozens of reports with hundreds of visuals. I've tried it on tables, line charts, kpi scorecards and about 10 other visual types we have in use.

There is no troubleshooting in the Learn more link on the message and searching this forum came up with 1 issue back in 2020 that was resolved internally within MS.

Does anyone have an idea of anything I can try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SteveCarter1 

It's a known issue , the ID is 335923460I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
kimbomang
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue.  This worked for me many times in the past.  Is there something I can do to get it to work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the same problem trying to copy visual

Sometimes OK, .. sometimes not..

BUT

I noticed something, it is maybe linked to another issue, that is (cannot pin to dashboard)

In fact, when you PIN VISUAL TO DASHBOARD, The app first take a COPY, .. and if the copy does not work, the PIN TO DASHBOARD with consequently not work.

I have no idea of what is causing this.

Premisha

Hi,

Any updates on resolution of this issue? I am working from EMEA region and still struggling with this. 😞

alexkk
Regular Visitor

Seems like the issue is back, today there are some visuals again that cannot be copied, same error message as before. 

Works okay for me. Australian East Coast datacentre

TonyRama_CA
Regular Visitor

Hi all,

I encountered this "couldn't copy visual to clipboard" issue while giving a live presentation of our new PBI multi-page report to Board staff, which was quite embarrassing! About a week ago, I carefully inspected each grid/matrix and made sure exporting and pinning to dashboard features worked for all pages and made no more changes.

It's a combined report with 7 pages reading data from a single data model/query. 4 out of those 7 pages have this issue! Please help.

Those claiming it has worked, did you do anything specific, or it just "worked" out of a sudden?

Thanks,

EmanueleCollaro
Regular Visitor

The Problem is still there, any news?

SteveCarter1
Advocate II
Advocate II

As at the time I post this (9am AEST) , I can now copy visuals again.

For others following this, I have not heard anything and don't know if this matters, but I use the Australia East MS Datacentre.

SteveCarter1_0-1664147378965.png

alexkk
Regular Visitor

Is there any update on this subject? I still cannot copy visuals.

alexkk_0-1663849685291.png

tanevskag
Regular Visitor

Same here! It says something went wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. I use to copy as image but yesterday and today the error message keeps popping up when I tried to copy

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SteveCarter1 

It's a known issue , the ID is 335923460I'll be back with an update if there's any progress .

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ailsa/Community Support Team.  Is there any further update on this?  It is now Thursday, and the issue persists for our users.  Exporting a dashboard works fine (i.e. to pdf) but exporting a visual still throwns up the error.  Thanks in advance

Best,

Lee

TCavins
Helper V
Helper V

We noticed the issue today and are trying desperately to find a work around. Snipping tools works when data isn't too big like in a table format. For those, we don't have a solution. Exporting to Excel is not an option for what we need it for.

Problem has resolved like others have mentioned.

Not for me, I still have the same problem.

Without any official feedback, can only assume thye are making some kind of change that is filtering through slowly as @TCavins and myself have confirmed issue is resolved for us.
I understand it can be a little demoalisaing when things like this happen that affect multiple users and no update now from anyone in support for almost a week.

Issue is fixed for us. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors