Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Willgart
Helper II
Helper II

Cannot connect to the mashup data source. error in the last week, not before

Hi,

I suddenly received an error:

Something went wrong
Cannot connect to the mashup data source. See error details for more information.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI: WABI-US-NORTH-CENTRAL-redirect.analysis.windows.net

while everything worked fine for weeks.

the problem started friday last week.

my Power BI report is using a parameter to connect to an SQL database (the name of the SQL server box)

is there any change on the power bi service which impact this?

other reports not using this parameter feature are working fine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi

the problem was on our servers, the computer certificates expired and were not automatically updated.

after the reboot of the server where the gateway is installed the problem was solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Willgart,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

the problem was on our servers, the computer certificates expired and were not automatically updated.

after the reboot of the server where the gateway is installed the problem was solved.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Willgart,

It seems fine.

1. Does it back normal now? 

2. Where did you get the error message? Refresh from the Service?

3. Are there any IDs like "Activity ID"? Please share it with me. I can find something in the log database.

4. Where did you use the parameter? In the connection parameters or in the subquery?

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi,

the problem still here

Activity ID: 4db3cb3b-4be4-4ec5-ad6f-136b082e5395
Request ID: 7210251e-37df-a455-a962-f7829aa5421d
Time: 2018-12-05 11:55:21Z

the parameter is used in the connection.

Source = Sql.Database(MyServerName, MyDatabaseName, [Query=""select .....")

The error occurs when I manually refresh the datasource in Power BI AServer or through a schedule

Hi @Willgart,

I did find something in the log database. Please check your credential both on the Service and on the SQL Server. Please also update the credential on the Service if needed.

>>>Microsoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: SSL Provider, error: 0 - The received certificate has expired.)

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors