Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chema_Ortega
Helper III
Helper III

Cannot configure Power Bi Gateway Personal

Hi,

I am having problems to configure the personal Gateway:

Where can I find my Windows User Name and Password?

Thanks a lot!

Chema

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chema_Ortega

Did you meet this problem when installing personal gateway?

Which version do you download? older or newest?

I download from this page, then it only needs me to enter my account and password associated with power bi, then i could use this gateway in power bi service.

To determine which version of the personal gateway you currently have installed, you can do the following:

• The previous version of the personal gateway is called Power BI Gateway - Personal and uses the Power BI icon in its installation dialog.
  • The new version of the personal gateway is called On-premises data gateway (personal mode) and uses the gateway icon (a cloud with an up-and-down arrow along the bottom).

Additionally, to find your windows name, please follow this link.

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chema_Ortega

Did you meet this problem when installing personal gateway?

Which version do you download? older or newest?

I download from this page, then it only needs me to enter my account and password associated with power bi, then i could use this gateway in power bi service.

To determine which version of the personal gateway you currently have installed, you can do the following:

• The previous version of the personal gateway is called Power BI Gateway - Personal and uses the Power BI icon in its installation dialog.
  • The new version of the personal gateway is called On-premises data gateway (personal mode) and uses the gateway icon (a cloud with an up-and-down arrow along the bottom).

Additionally, to find your windows name, please follow this link.

Best Regards

Maggie

Ok!!!! I did it!!!! THANKSSSS A LOTTTT!!!

Hello Maggie,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I'll try the solutions you suggest, and keep you informed.

Best regards,

Chema Ortega

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors