Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BartEdgerton
Advocate I
Advocate I

Cannot change gateway for data source

Once again, I'm not able to change the "Gateway Connection" for a data source that I republished.   The entire section is greyed out and prevents any changes from being made.

Under "Manage Gateways", the gateway says it's online and "good to go" and the connections are all successful, however, it doesn't work.   Other reports and data sources using the same gateway are working fine. 

I've checked everything that I can find to check and made sure that the names are identical (they were not changed).   What do I do now?  The cryptic messages and total lack of information and controls really make this product suck.   I can't even see the connection strings or anything about my data source, I'm just supposed to blindly trust that it works, but it doesn't...

I'm far from "good to go"...

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi BartEdgerton,

Could please clarify what you have done on the report before republished? And are you using on-premises gateway or personal gateway? If possible, could you provide some screenshots about the error message?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

@BartEdgerton The Dataset you republished had no underlying changes? Did you always use this gateway, or did the dataset start on the personal gateway? Is the existing datset refreshing correctly, or is it broken? The behavour you describe would indicate there is a data source in the PBIX that is not set up in the gateway...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors