Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kevinshunt63
Frequent Visitor

Cannot assign correct SSO gateway to a SAP BW/4HANA dataset

Hello,

We have configured an on-prem gateway for SSO using Kerberos - to SAP BW/4HANA.  Our test report uses the SAP BW connector and is working fine.  When I go to assign the correct gateway to the dataset, there is a list of gateways, of which the correct one is not listed (see pic below).  I must not be searching on the right terms as I did not find any good ideas yet so posting here for help.

How can I influence the list of gateways that show up in the selection for this SAP BW dataset, so I can assign it to the one that has SSO?  The 'New BWD Direct' gateway of course is not the one I need.

Many Thanks!

Kevin

kevinshunt63_0-1613396763925.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kevinshunt63
Frequent Visitor

It appears that the datasource names have to match, I used a server name on the report, but the gateway connection used server.domain.com format.  Once I changed the report to have a fully qualified server name, I published to online service, and I then could select the correct gateway connection.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
kevinshunt63
Frequent Visitor

It appears that the datasource names have to match, I used a server name on the report, but the gateway connection used server.domain.com format.  Once I changed the report to have a fully qualified server name, I published to online service, and I then could select the correct gateway connection.

kevinshunt63
Frequent Visitor

I am going under the assumption that when assigning a dataset (from a report that uses Basic authentication) to a gateway with SSO enabled through Kerberos, that the switch can be made for that dataset to SSO.  So now trying to use Windows authentication from Desktop to SAP BW.  Let's see if that matters.

OK, on Power BI Desktop I changed the datasource permissions used in this report to use my Windows credentials and SNC and this works.  Then republished to the online service.  But when trying to assign a gateway for this dataset, the one I want that is setup for SSO using Kerberos, is not in the selection list.  Out of ideas...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors