Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cukalovic
Frequent Visitor

Cannot add a tile to my dashboard

When pinning a tile from any of my dashboards, I get the following error: 

Sorry, can't pin this visualization yet. Please try again later.

We're working on this feature. Please send us any other feedback about Power BI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AdamWilson
Employee
Employee

Thanks for reporting this issue.  We're working on a fix and we'll update this thread when it is available.

In the meantime, if you use the "Save As" command on the report in the Power BI service, you can make a copy and should be able to pin the tile to a dashboard from this newly-copied report.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the status on this? I can not get the post marked as solution to work, nor do I think it is an actual solution. I can not add any visualization to any dashboard in any of my 6 apps. Same error message as thread starter is provided to me.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just had a user report this issue. I'm submitting a support ticket.

TLS1
Regular Visitor

I am facing the same issue now on all my reports. I tried the solution proposed "to save as" as a workaround and it doesn't work.
Please help!

I'm not having an issue, and there is nothing in the Admin portal about it, so unless it is an issue that is either very isolated, or you are just seeing it first, it sound right now like it is just you.

I'd do this:

• Make sure you are on a recent (latest?) version of the Power BI Desktop publisher. Republish a report. Does that work?
  • Create a visual using the Power BI Service (not desktop) and try pinning that. Does that work?
  • Create a new workspace, publish a report there, and add a tile. Does that work?
  • Even if some of those work, it might not fix your exisiting stuff, but at least you have an idea of waht does/doesn't. At that point, open a ticket with the Power BI support team.

They will ask you to do the above, you can tell them you already have and here are the results.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
edhans
Super User
Super User

having the same issue. Cannot add ANY visualizations. I've tried a card, a multi-card, a text box, a chart. All report the same error. the only thing I've changed is I upgraded to the November Power BI Desktop app last week. 

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

AdamWilson
Employee
Employee

Thanks for reporting this issue.  We're working on a fix and we'll update this thread when it is available.

In the meantime, if you use the "Save As" command on the report in the Power BI service, you can make a copy and should be able to pin the tile to a dashboard from this newly-copied report.

Hi Adam, I m facing the same issue now.  Please help, also the short term solution you proposed doesn t work. Can you please help?

again it is throwing same error even after i made copy of the report and tried to pin from that newly-copied report.

Thanks

@narendra1, did you use the "Save As" command on the report in the service to make a copy?  Making a copy locally will not be sufficient as a workaround.

I fail to see how "Save As" is a viable alternative. Then I have two reports, and the one that my PBIX file publishes to doesn't work right. Smiley Frustrated

Ugh. From the Admin 365 portal:

Current status: We're testing the fix to validate that it will successfully remediate impact. We'll provide an update regarding when deployment will begin on Thursday, November 16, 2017, at 10:30 PM UTC.

Thursday before we even know when deployment will begin?

This error has shown up in the Office 365 Admin panel. So known and being worked on.

For those following this thread, I successfully pinned two cards today.

• Using version 2.52.4921.684 (64 bit, Windows Store version)
  • Resync'd data locally (not sure if relevant, but did it)
  • Republished the report to the appropriate group
  • Then I could pin visualizations to dashboards

So something is rolling out. It didn't work until I republished, so don't know if I have a very very new version of the app as the Windwos Store version updates itself, or if the republishing itself made it work - maybe they changed the server side to correctly get the info from the desktop app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Confirming what edhans has posted.  

• Using version 2.52.4921.684 (64 bit, Windows Store version) - CHECK
  • Resync'd data locally (not sure if relevant, but did it) - CHECK (Will not work without resyncing data!!)
  • Republished the report to the appropriate group - CHECK
  • Then I could pin visualizations to dashboards - CHECK

Thanks all!

@AdamWilson wrote:

Adam, shouldn't the Office 365 Admin portal reflect this issue? That was the first place I checked and it reports "Service is healthy." It appears not to be heathy.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cukalovic,

What type of visual cannot be added to dashboard? As the error prompt, try to pin this visual again later to see whether issue persists. Please sign out and sign in to service for a test. And if this problem only occur to specific report, please remove it and re-publish it to service.

I have never encountered this error, you may need to create a support ticket for further analysis.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks. will have to go with a support ticket - it is not a specific report nor specific dashboard. The system simply works only if I add the whole report, but does not work for any of my tiles.

Hi @cukalovic,

If you get any response and resolve this problem, would be appreiate that you could share it. 

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors