cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cukalovic Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Cannot add a tile to my dashboard

When pinning a tile from any of my dashboards, I get the following error: 

Sorry, can't pin this visualization yet. Please try again later.

We're working on this feature. Please send us any other feedback about Power BI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power BI Team AdamWilson
Power BI Team

Re: Cannot add a tile to my dashboard

Thanks for reporting this issue.  We're working on a fix and we'll update this thread when it is available.

In the meantime, if you use the "Save As" command on the report in the Power BI service, you can make a copy and should be able to pin the tile to a dashboard from this newly-copied report.

18 REPLIES 18
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @cukalovic,

What type of visual cannot be added to dashboard? As the error prompt, try to pin this visual again later to see whether issue persists. Please sign out and sign in to service for a test. And if this problem only occur to specific report, please remove it and re-publish it to service.

I have never encountered this error, you may need to create a support ticket for further analysis.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cukalovic Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

thanks. will have to go with a support ticket - it is not a specific report nor specific dashboard. The system simply works only if I add the whole report, but does not work for any of my tiles.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @cukalovic,

If you get any response and resolve this problem, would be appreiate that you could share it. 

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Power BI Team AdamWilson
Power BI Team

Thanks for reporting this issue.  We're working on a fix and we'll update this thread when it is available.

In the meantime, if you use the "Save As" command on the report in the Power BI service, you can make a copy and should be able to pin the tile to a dashboard from this newly-copied report.

edhans New Contributor
New Contributor

having the same issue. Cannot add ANY visualizations. I've tried a card, a multi-card, a text box, a chart. All report the same error. the only thing I've changed is I upgraded to the November Power BI Desktop app last week. 

edhans New Contributor
New Contributor

@AdamWilson wrote:

Adam, shouldn't the Office 365 Admin portal reflect this issue? That was the first place I checked and it reports "Service is healthy." It appears not to be heathy.

narendra1 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

again it is throwing same error even after i made copy of the report and tried to pin from that newly-copied report.

Thanks

Power BI Team AdamWilson
Power BI Team

@narendra1, did you use the "Save As" command on the report in the service to make a copy?  Making a copy locally will not be sufficient as a workaround.

edhans New Contributor
New Contributor

I fail to see how "Save As" is a viable alternative. Then I have two reports, and the one that my PBIX file publishes to doesn't work right. Smiley Frustrated