Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jsnbravo
Frequent Visitor

Cannot Start Deployment Pipelines

I'm trying to use the new Deployment Pipelines feature, however I'm encountering an error message saying that "This workspace isn't assigned to a capacity. Only a workspace with an assigned capacity can be included in a pipeline" even though my original workspace is already Premium and is part of a Premium capacity. Isn't the point of the new Deployment Pipelines feature is that it will automatically create 2 new workspaces under the same Premium capacity?

Can someone help me identify what's causing this issue?

Error message while deploying to Test stageError message while deploying to Test stageWorkspace is part of a Premium capacityWorkspace is part of a Premium capacity

1 REPLY 1
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jsnbravo,

it could that the error message you are seeing is from the next stage. I'm not sure if you got the message after clicking "Deploy to Test"?
For the deployment to work you need to have:
* access to create a (v2) workspace
* assignment access to a Premium capacity

If this is both the case then please file a ticket with support, which is free for Pro and Premium users!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors