Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AECourtney
Regular Visitor

Cannot See Records on Dashboard

I can't view the records of any pinned visual on a dashboard, even though the See Records option is available. Is this a problem with how the dashboard is set up or is it the data or what?

I can see the records if I go through a report, but anyone I share the dashboard with cannot see any records through the dashboard. 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,  I have a problem.
Until Tuesday 09/01/2017 when publishing in work I could "see the records", but now I can only see in reports, I can not in panels on the web.
I wonder if anyone has already gone through this and could you help me?
I already searched in some forums and found nothing.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Cannot-See-Records-on-Dashboard/td-p/53487

https://www.excelguru.ca/blog/2016/11/07/can-users-see-my-raw-data-in-power-bi/

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AECourtney,

The See Records feature is not available for dashboard tile itself currently. But we can click on the shared dashboard go to the report, check the See Records option under Explore, then click any bar in the visual. Or we can click on the bar, then right click it to check See Records button. See:

q1.PNGq2.PNG

Based on my test, though the dashboard is shared, the user can also go from the dashboard to report to see records. In your scenario, please share more information for us to reproduce the issue. Smiley Happy

@ankitpatira How did you replicate the issue? Would you share the steps with me so that I can check if it's a issue. Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

So there's no current way to see records straight from a shared dashboard? To see them you need click on the pinned tile and view the report itself? 

Hi @AECourtney,

Yes. As the dashboard tile is a snapshot of our data, it's a "Image", we are not able to interact with it. So we need to click on it to open corresponding report to see detail records.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@AECourtney I can replicate your behaviour as well. for column chart i can right click on a column and get See Records option but it doesn't work. I think it is a bug and you should report it here. While in report it works fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors