Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cannot Schedule Refresh with Azure SQL Database Source (Import Method)

I am using the import method to bring in data from azure SQL database. When I publish the report to a workspace, I cannot schedule a refresh (it is greyed out) and when I try to refresh on demand in the workspace  I get an error (see below).

I checked on these forums and most people just deleted their dataset and tried again and it worked but I have tried deleting and re-publishing multiple times and it's not working still. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Refresh failed due to gateway configuration issues.
This dataset requires a properly configured gateway in order to refresh.
If you're using personal mode, please make sure your gateway is online.
If you're using enterprise mode, please make sure you've added the following data sources in the Gateway Management Portal
2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your dataset not only contains Azure SQL Database but also the on premise data source, then it needs to use the gateway and configure schedule refresh, recommend you use enterprise gateway instead of personal gateway, see more: :On-premises data gateway , Configure scheduled refresh ,Manage your data source - SQL Server .

Note that you also need to select Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster option Under Gateway Cluster Settings. See: Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources.

4.png

Or try to upgrade the gateway to latest version.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai Hey Amy - thanks for the reply but like I stated in my previous post - I'm only using data from the Azure SQL DB. Any ideas why this is happening then? I don't believe I need a dateway for this

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors