Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Cannot Purchase PBI Pro through "Purchase Services" in O365 Portal

I am attempting to purchase Power BI Pro using the instructions here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-purchasing-power-bi-pro/

I an existing O365 Small Business Premium license. As an O365 Global Admin, I enter Purchase Services as outlined in Step 5. In Purchase Services, however, I do not see any option to purchase Power BI Pro as noted in Step 6. I only see various O365 options, Enterprise Mobility Suite, and Intune. Is anyone else able to replicate this, or do you see the option to purchase PBI Pro?

6 REPLIES 6
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Hmm, I see the option but ours is not O365 Small Business Premium. We have enterprise and I see Power BI Pro under "Other Plans" when you scroll all the way down.

Your plan doesn't really existin any longer, I wonder if that is the issue and you need to convert it to Business Premium. There were some restrictions on the type of tenant and what services you could add to it. Best to open a service ticket within your admin center.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks. It must be a Small Business Premium issue. @GuyInACube, perhaps this could be verified and the knowledge base updated to reflect the O365 version?

@deldersveld Try using the following link let me know if you run into any problems. 

https://portal.office.com/Signup/MainSignup15.aspx?OfferId=03fb6305-216a-410f-856b-fd6142d94604&dl=P...

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

Thanks @PowerBIGuy. Using the link that you provided, it will not add Pro licenses to the account. It does not say explicitly if the issue is O365 Small Business or something else, but here is a screenshot:PBI Pro Purchase Issue.PNG

@deldersveld Contact the Power BI chat and they will give you free 60 trials until the issue is resolved. 

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant

Thanks. It appears that even with a Pro extension, each individual user still has to extend. Was hoping to avoid that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors